Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Simply Balanced Sparkling Grapefruit Juice Beverage

Ever had Wink, Squirt, or Fresca? This stuff is just like any of those, but better for you and, in my humble opinion, better tasting.

It sparkles like a soda, and it has a citrus fruit flavor, but it tastes like they dumped an extra half cup of grapefruit juice into a can of one of the aforementioned citrus-flavored beverages. They also infused it with apple juice, so the resulting product is not only more tart, but also sweeter.

I had a nasty soda addiction for a good part of my life. I always had to have one with any meal. I think all the high fructose corn syrup did irreparable damage to my digestive system. I still have a soda from time to time, and I often have an energy drink for breakfast, but I'm always on the lookout for sweet beverage options that won't kill me as quickly as Coke or Pepsi.

I think they're trying to market these Simply Balanced beverages as semi-healthy soda alternatives. They were on sale, two for $5. I hope that doesn't mean they're having a hard time selling them, and thus, that they may be in danger of being discontinued, because these things are excellent. They had four flavors. I tried this one and one other, and enjoyed both.

Four little mini-cans come in each box. I'm not a huge fan of the smaller can size, because I always want more. But I get the whole "portion control" thing. And I guess on at least one occasion, I stopped at one little baby can, which prevented me from putting 90 more unnecessary calories into my body, which I suppose, in the end is a good thing.

I give this drink 9 out of 10 stars.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good, but more expensive than soda. I recommend buying a 2L bottle of sparkling water and mixing with juice. That has helped me during those times I've kicked the habit. But I always go back eventually. Dr. Pepper 10 is my poison (literally).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another suggestion - make lemonade or limeade, but instead of sugar, use a few drops of liquid stevia. Whole Foods brand is great. Make a glass or a whole pitcher to have on hand for those sweet beverage cravings. Also helps you drink more water, if you have trouble with that as I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about the price, halcyon. Those are great ideas for kicking soda habits. Thanks!

      Delete

Search The Web

Custom Search