Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Archer Farms Cinnamon Raisin Nut Trail Mix

When I first saw this on the rack there in my Target, I wondered if it favored a snacky, savory, salty, nutty flavor, or whether it was a desserty, sugary, sexy, sweet mix.

It's the latter. With just a hint of the former. It's quite cinnamony, but it's equally sugary. But I've got no complaints. This is a tie for the best Archer Farms trail mix ever. At least out of the ones I've tried.

I love almonds. And there are boatloads of whole almonds in this trail mix. There's a huge amount of cinnamon flavor, and there are weird soft and crunchy sweet things.

It is reminiscent of a traditional trail mix in that some of the main ingredients are almonds, walnuts,
and raisins. But it's improved. It's like a regular trail mix with superpowers.

It's unlike the Peanut Butter and Jelly Trail Mix in that regard, because in some ways, the PB&J mix is a reinvention of the wheel. While this cinnamon blend tastes and feels like a classic with just a few tweaks here and there, namely: the addition of cinnamon and extra sugar.

It's got a good bit of fat, as many of these mixtures do, but nut fat is "good fat" so you've got plenty of fuel for hiking or biking or climbing or whatever it is you do. I'm totally happy with this trail mix. If you like cinnamon toast and traditional trail mix, this stuff will be right up your alley.

I give this trail mix 8 out of 10 stars.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, this stuff is soooo good. I wish I could find something similar and buy it in bulk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, Robert. I know AF sells some of their trail mixes in big jars for about $10. Not sure if they have jars of this one yet, though...

      Delete

Search The Web

Custom Search