Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Archer Farms White Chocolate Coconut Mini Waffle Cookies

These are weird little munch 'ems. Sweet, tasty, addictive...and weird.

They're very small, somewhere between the size of a quarter and a Sacagawea dollar. They're waffley, they have a layer of sweet white chocolate, and there are shreds of coconut scattered on them. Don't get me wrong, they taste good, but they're kind of unusual, especially for a store brand. Usually stores are only making their own versions of extraordinarily popular products...like chips, yogurt, ice cream, or pizza.

But this is the kind of inventiveness I might expect from Trader Joe's. Way to go, Target.

They're just a little on the fattening side. I know, I know. They're cookies. They're not supposed to be good-for-you. But something with this much fat has to really blow me away to get a perfect score from me. Oh, and by the way, it's gonna be real easy to accidentally go over their recommended serving size, eat half the box in one sitting, and have 70% of your RDA of saturated fat. Ahem, not that I'd know because that's what I did...or anything like that...

There's a very subtle aftertaste with these. It's not bad. It's not a deal-breaker, but it's definitely there. Also, the texture of the cookies could have been a bit softer OR a bit crunchier. As it stands, the waffle part of the cookies is sort of in-between, like a waffle cone that's had ice cream sitting on it for a bit. Again, it's not terrible...it just adds to the weirdness of the product.

But hey, I'm a sucker for white chocolate.

I give this product 7 out of 10 stars.

2 comments:

  1. I love these cookies and at this point our Target here in Normal, IL does not have them. Please tell me they are not discontinuing them, also the chocolate frosted ones are wonderful as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Colleen. I didn't realize they had chocolate ones, too. I haven't seen these at our Targets here in the Philly area either since I reviewed them.

      Delete

Search The Web

Custom Search