Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Archer Farms Pumpkin Spice Instant Oatmeal

Other than the extremely unique pumpkin salsa, we've had a difficult time finding pumpkin products and other seasonal treats at our two local Target stores. This is only the second one we've discovered. And trust me, we've been looking. Just check out the dozens of pumpkin reviews we've done on What's Good at Trader Joe's?

This product isn't particularly complicated. There are no bits of pumpkin or chunks of pumpkintacular spiciness floating throughout the product. It looks just like regular oatmeal.

And it only tastes slightly more pumpkinny than it looks. There's just a hint of pumpkin and very little, if anything, in the way of traditional pumpkin spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, or allspice.

On one hand, that could afford someone a golden opportunity to add his own spices and tailor the flavor to his own taste buds, but on the other hand, lazy dudes who can't cook like me would like some "expert" to add the spices in for me in logical proportions before I even open the box. Lo and behold, the ingredients list doesn't mention any spices. I just think that's weird not to throw in a little cinnamon at least.

But on the plus side, there aren't many ingredients at all, and that means it's good-ish for me, right? Also, it's sufficiently sweet to make it palatable, regardless of its low pumpkinosity levels. Furthermore the sweetness comes from "sugar," not from HFCS or weird chemicals. And the texture is, well, you all know what the texture of oatmeal is like. The box adds these words of wisdom: "For thicker oatmeal, add less water OR more water for thinner oatmeal."

Well, duh!

I give this product 6 out of 10 stars.

3 comments:

  1. This deserves at least an 8 out of 10 stars but I give it 10!!!!!!! And now all of a sudden Quaker Oats has a pumpkin and spice.... let me tell you if you think are Archer Farms doesn't have any flavor then you're going to really hate the Quaker Oats! I tried it when I couldn't find Archer Farms and it doesn't even taste anything like pumpkin at al;l it tastes like regular oatmeal! I am further irritated because there are like six different targets that I could go to shop at and I would go out of my way to get the archer farms pumpkin spice oatmeal. However only one of them has carried it in the past few years and I just went yesterday and I see the Quaker Oats and no Archer Farms whatsoever! So now I need to find where can I get Archer Farms pumpkin spice oatmeal? In the past I have purchased enough in the last three months of the year to last me until the next fall! I am very limited to the foods I can eat because of many allergies and dislikes but this is something I can eat with no problem and I could eat it everyday! I'm very sad that there is no place now for me to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo is anyone reading these comments at all?? I've not been notified of any replies, just checking in, and NO answer as to where or how can I get some???? I am in NEED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would contact Target, Sheryl. https://help.target.com/help/ContactUs?Con=ContactUs

      Delete

Search The Web

Custom Search