Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Archer Farms Sriracha Potato Chips

In a previous post, I mentioned that I'm a big fan of Sriracha. And fortunately for these chips, they taste a lot more like the tangy Thai condiment than the Garlic, Ginger & Sriracha Wontons did.

These chips are spicy, like a product with the word "Sriracha" in its title should be. They have all the great qualities of kettle-cooked homestyle chips, but with a massive extra kick of flavor. They're very crispy, and if you pay attention, you can taste that traditional kettley, potato-y taste underneath the fermented zest of Sriracha.

It leaves your tongue tingling for a few minutes after consumption. And I mean that in the best way possible. I'm looking forward to trying that new Subway Sriracha Melt with these chips on the side. I'm pretty sure I've seen a Lay's brand Sriracha chip, which I haven't tried yet, but I can't imagine them being much better than these.

If you like spicy foods, but you're not familiar with Sriracha sauce, this might be a good "gateway" food for you. It's definitely not like Mexican chili powder or Indian curry spice. It is its own flavor. But the familiarity of the potato chips might help with the transition into unknown territory.

Although this whole Sriracha craze is fairly new, I'm hoping products like this are here to stay. My wife was a fan as well.

I give this product 8 out of 10 stars.

3 comments:

  1. The Lays Sriracha chips were part of the contest they had where they would sell three flavors and people were to vote on the winning flavor, which would be added to its regular lineup. The winner was Cheesy Garlic Bread, and you can't get the Sriracha chips (or the Chicken and Waffles flavor) anymore. But they weren't good, and this is coming from a longtime Sriracha fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney. I guess it's not a big deal that I missed the Lay's version then :) If you like Sriracha, you should check out these AF chips!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, the Lay's ones were cheesy Sriracha. It was kind of weird. I'll have to check these ones out!

    ReplyDelete

Search The Web

Custom Search