Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Wondershop Hot Chocolate Drink Bombs

The premise of the next Home Alone movie: Now-adult Kevin McCallister is flying home to Chicago from New York City to visit his family and have a lovely Christmas in that beautiful, ginormous house from the first film. He swings by Target on his way to LaGuardia and picks up a bunch of these hot beverage chocolate and marshmallow mixers. As he passes through security, he happens to mention that his suitcase is "full of bombs," of course innocently referring to this particular product. Thinking he's referring to a different kind of "bomb," TSA promptly seizes McCallister, once again endearingly portrayed by Macaulay Culkin, and interrogates him at airport security.

Another hilarious mishap coincides with these goings-on that surround Kevin, as the real terrorists have their luggage switched with Kevin's by a pair of bumbling airline clerks, Harry and Marv, who have just recently started their jobs after hard time in prison. Madcap antics ensue as the foreign terrorist cell attempts in vain to detonate balls of chocolate filled with marshmallows and Kevin McCallister is unwittingly on the hook for having real explosives in his Christmas vacation luggage! Pure hilarity.

But seriously though, makes you wonder whose idea it was to call these "bombs." I would have gone with "spherical surprises," "wonderglobs," or "balls of joy" before I'd use the term "bombs." Eh, whatevs. It's Christmas and nobody's thinking of terrorism or war, we hope. As long as you say "hot chocolate drink" before the word "bombs," I think we'll avoid problems with TSA.


These are fun. That's all I have to say. They look cool, they taste pretty good, and I've never had anything like them. I'm glad three different flavors come in the pack. The white chocolate is my favorite, followed by milk chocolate, and finally dark chocolate is my least favorite, but it's still pretty tasty.

I suppose it depends on how hot you've got your milk, but at first, the sphere just sits there, floating in your soon-to-be hot chocolate—it's just hot milk at this point. Then, there's a delightful moment when the surface of the "bomb" is breached. With my first one, it was audible. A little "pffft" came from the ball. Fun, like I said.

I'm not a patient man, so rather than wait and see if the bomb would completely dissolve on its own, I poked it with a spoon and discovered that the ball would fill with milk and quickly drop to the bottom of my mug. At that point, it began dissolving more swiftly, and one by one, mini-marshmallows buoyed up to the surface in rapid succession. I stirred again for a bit, and voila: a mug of hot chocolate with marshmallows.

I'd like to see more flavors of this in the future. Strawberry, salted caramel, Irish cream. I could go on.

$3.99 for three bombs in one pack. They would make a great stocking stuffer.

I give these hot chocolate drink bombs 8 out of 10 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search The Web

Custom Search