Search This Blog

Friday, January 19, 2024

Good & Gather Organic Mixed Berry Fruit Snacks


Next up in our household staple series: Organic Mixed Berry Fruit Snacks. These look more like citrus colors than berry colors to me. Know what I mean?

I think of "berry" things as being black, blue, purple, and red. These are yellow, orange, and pink, so I'm inclined to think: lemon, orange, and grapefruit. Nope. These little do-dads are...? Well, shoot. That's a good question. What flavors are they supposed to be?


The packaging shows what appears to be strawberry, raspberry, and maybe grape? Interesting. No blueberry? That would explain the lack of blue fruit snacks.

The ingredients list shows the following real fruit juices were used in these tasty, fruity morsels: apple, blackcurrant, carrot, and radish. Okay. I see why they didn't tell us what juices were actually in these things. Further inspection reveals the aforementioned fruit juices are used only for color rather than flavor. So what flavor are they?

The only juice mentioned in the list that's not in the context of "color" is apple juice. So...these are apple flavored fruit snacks. I feel misled.

Still, they're fairly yummy. They're not as yummy as their "mixed fruit" predecessor, but pretty darn close. 

At $10.29 for 20 baggies, they're quite a bit pricier than the other fruit snacks. I guess you're paying for the organic-ness. Also, these are not gluten-free. They do contain wheat.

I give these organic "berry" fruit snacks 7 out of 10 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search The Web

Custom Search