Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Archer Farms French Vanilla Almond Crunch

Wow. Two French items in a row. At least, I'm pretty sure the crème brûlée was French, what with all those accent marks pointing in different directions and the little tepee-looking thing over the "u" that apparently makes it sound like two "o's."

We know this product is French because they just come right out and tell us. Instead, they should have just spelled it "Vánilla Almônd Crúnch." It looks way more exotic that way.

But that's pretty much par for the course with these AF cereals. The chocolate hazelnut granola is only "biscotti" because they tell us it's biscotti. There's nothing biscotti-esque about it.

And although there may be nothing particularly French about this breakfast cereal, it certainly does taste of vanilla. And that's good. Because otherwise, it would just be granola. Period. There might have been almonds in there, but I don't think they did enough for the taste and texture of this product to ever warrant another purchase.

But the vanilla flavor saved it. It's sweet—and distinctly vanilla. It's not just extra sugar. I've never been particularly good at distinguishing French vanilla from, say, American vanilla, but I can tell vanilla from just plain old sweet.

So if you like granola and you like vanilla, you might wanna check out this cereal. I'd put it right up there with the Pecan Sticky Bun Granola and the Blueberry Granola.

7 out of 10 stars for this product.

2 comments:

  1. I just started my search for the perfect granola. I was hoping you had reviewed all of them. Ha!
    I went big and bought the whole box of hazelnut biscotti before I saw you had already checked that one out. It's good...but I'm not sure it's "the one."
    Great blog, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, Robin! Yeah, I agree. Not bad, but maybe not the best. Best wishes in your granola search. Let me know when you find "the one."

    ReplyDelete

Search The Web

Custom Search