Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Archer Farms Organic Strawberry Pull-Apart Fruit Peels

Earlier this year, we reviewed AF Wild Berry Fruit Strips. They were tasty, moist, organic, and flavorful. And for the most part, all of that could be said of these strawberry dealies.

I think if you put me under extreme duress and forced me to decide which flavor was better, I'd go with the wild berry. But strawberry is very close. In fact, under most circumstances I'd say they're about the same.

One thing that is different about this product is the "pull-apart" feature. It's kinda like a slab of "fruit leather," but it's sectioned into 5 little fruit "straws." It's fun to pull them apart and all, and eating little straws is, for some reason I can't quite figure out, more appealing than eating a big flat strip. However, since the product is pleasantly moist, it's rather like dipping your fingers into a glass of syrupy apple juice each time you pull a straw from the sheet.

If you were having a picnic or eating these while hiking, you would probably want to just hold the product by the wrapper and eat it without contacting the peels themselves, otherwise you'd risk being eaten alive by ants and gnats and other insects that are attracted to fruit-covered fingers and such...you might even be pestered by larger animals like squirrels or, heaven forbid, bears. Unless of course you ate the product very quickly and were equipped with handi-wipes or something.

But how you eat them is entirely up to you. I'm just letting you know that these things are sticky, and the suggestion to pull these apart with your bare hands isn't particularly wise in my opinion.

I say all this in the most tongue-in-cheek manner possible, but seriously, I think I'd rather eat apple sauce with my bare hands than these things. They're freaking sticky. But other than that, they're pretty good.

I'll give 'em 7 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search The Web

Custom Search