Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Archer Farms Blackberry Yogurt

Recently, I've reviewed Archer Farms Banana Cream Pie and Strawberry Cheesecake yogurts. This will be the third and final installment of my initial Archer Farms Yogurt Trilogy. That's not to say I won't be checking out other yogurts in the future...I just might take a little break.

So far, only the strawberry cheesecake variety has impressed me. And the taste of this blackberry yogurt further supports my theory that Archer Farms' fat free yogurts are rubbish compared to those that contain just a gram and a half of fat.

This yogurt is quite bland, with only a fraction of the rich blackberry taste that I had hoped for. Although bananas and blackberries taste nothing like one another, the two yogurts come across the palate in a very similar manner. There's a decided lack of flavor, with only a hint of anything other than plain, fat free yogurt sourness coming through. They both also taste like they contain artificial sweeteners to me. That's not to say they actually do contain them, but my tongue swears that it detects aspartame or something along those lines.

The only thing that gives this flavor any advantage over the banana cream pie is the presence of little fruit bits. Whirled throughout the cup are tiny pieces of chopped, almost pureed, blackberries. They do very little in the taste department, except for possibly adding a hint of tartness, but they do improve the texture slightly. Banana got 4 stars. Strawberry cheesecake got 9 stars.

This cup of yogurt gets 5 out of 10 stars.



2 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for the review and love it if you could post and share stuff with a 10/10 rating. That would be great. Looking forward to more posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving a good review of the product. I usually don't prefer artificial flavors but anyhow if the product is good then no issues.

    ReplyDelete

Search The Web

Custom Search