Search This Blog

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Archer Farms Organic Wild Berry Fruit Strips

Old people might call this "fruit leather." But let's face it, that sounds about as appetizing as eating the belt around your pants. My generation might use the catch-all term "Fruit Roll-up," even though they're a different brand and they're not even wrapped or rolled up at all.

Archer Farms calls them "fruit strips," which is probably as accurate a name for these things as you'll ever see. This berry flavor is really good, if you're into berries and things. I am, fortunately, and I was really pleased with the taste. Definitely on the sweet side, but that's just fine by me.

Texture-wise, they're thicker than a fruit roll-up. They're soft and slightly chewy, and they stay nice and moist since each one is individually wrapped in its own plastic sleeve. It's a lot of packaging and probably isn't terribly eco-friendly, but I can't think of any other way they could have packaged them without a significant risk of having them dry out or by losing a great deal of convenience.

They're organic, they have fiber, they're low in calories and fat. Pretty darn healthy snacks. And reasonably priced, as well. This is the first Archer Farms product I've tried with the "Simply Balanced" name at the top. I guess that's a line of health-conscious products offered at Target. My first impressions are very good. I'll be looking for these "Simply Balanced" dealies on my next grocery trip. I might start heading back in the direction of a healthier diet, and I suppose these little guys would be more in the right direction than, say, the Peanut Butter Fudge Ice Cream.

That's not to say I won't be indulging here and there, but I could stand to lose a few pounds, and having delicious, healthy snacks like this around will certainly help with the cause.


I give this product 8 out of 10 stars.

4 comments:

  1. The fruit bars are thicker and have more vitamin c. Same basic product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I saw those at our Target, but I'll have to keep an eye out for them next time. Thanks, Angel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been eating these things for years and in June when I stopped into Target they were remodeling and had a ton of things on clearance... including these strips, I stocked up. Never did I think that they were on clearance because they weren't coming back... just because they were remodeling... I thought. I was wrong. Target re-branded and reformulated. They're now "Simply Balanced" no Archer Farms. No organic. Not the same ingredients. Still the best deal money wise compared to the three other brands I know of and less labor intensive than making your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Elle. I didn't realize the Simply Balanced products are not organic. That's funny they would make the products slightly less healthy, even though the Simply Balanced brand is being promoted as their "healthy" option. I've been reviewing those, too. Like this one: http://www.whatsgoodatarcherfarms.com/2013/09/simply-balanced-apricot-fruit-strips.html

      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete

Search The Web

Custom Search