Search This Blog

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Archer Farms Pecan Sticky Bun Granola

If you happened to read my recent review of the AF Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti, you probably remember that it seemed little more than granola with chocolate chips to me. Similarly, this cereal appears to be just cleverly-packaged granola with a few pecan pieces thrown into the mix.

However, for some reason that I can't quite put my finger on, this cereal is one step closer to tasting like an actual sticky bun than the other cereal was to tasting like hazelnut biscotti. Maybe I'm just more familiar with the taste of a sticky bun. Or maybe it's the fact that I like pecans more than I like hazelnuts. Whatever the reason, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this granola is a tad better than the one I reviewed last week.

It's crunchy, it's sweet, and it definitely has some nut bits present. I swear I tasted something bread-like, similar to the dough in a cinnamon bun—it was subtle, but there. It's got a bit of fat and calories, but that's kind of the point if you're eating granola, isn't it? You want energy to start your day. And it gave me that. YEEHAW! Can't you tell I'm energized!?

What's your favorite AF cereal? Throw me a bone and comment. We just had our first comment on this blog the other day, and we're excited to start getting feedback from readers and other AF fans.

At this point I feel that I have to reiterate that these $0.99 bags of granola are great for trying something new, but there's barely enough there for one bowl! Once I figure out which variety is best, I'll probably splurge and get an actual box.

I give this flavor 7 out of 10 stars.

6 comments:

  1. I love the Pecan Sticky Bun Granola. I've purchased two other name-brand granolas recently when I couldn't get to a Target, and after one taste threw them out. This definitely raises the bar. This and Sweet Home Farm Maple Pecan (I think) Granola are my two favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't seen the Sweet Home Farm cereal you're talking about...have to look for it next time. I just bought the Coconut Macaroon Granola but haven't tried it yet. Might review both of those soon...

      Delete
  2. Pecan Sticky Bun Granola is my favorite cereal! Is this cereal still being sold? If so, please let me know where I can purchase it! My vanilla yogurt and pineapples are lonely with it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it in a while myself, but if you search for it, it comes up on Target.com. They've changed the packaging but it must be available somewhere...

      Delete
  3. Sorry, I meant lonely without it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sorry to say, i believe archer farms have discontinued these. They are my favorite! And they were always sold out. Very popular cereal. I can't imagine why they would wanna stop making them. It's been a couple years and as you can see, i still look for them online and in the stores. I love em!

    ReplyDelete

Search The Web

Custom Search