Search This Blog

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Archer Farms Mediterranean Arugula & Tomato Wood-Fired Pizza

The mozzarella on this pizza was quite possibly the blandest cheese I've ever eaten. The "Italian tomato sauce" wasn't flavorful, either. The crust had a nice texture for a frozen pizza and tasted like it could have actually been "wood-fired" as the packaging claims, although, it too, lacked flavor overall.

The only part of this pizza that my wife and I definitely tasted was the arugula. And arugula is bitter. It can add some depth to the flavors of certain pizzas, but in my opinion, you don't want it to be the dominant flavor.

This pizza's a decent size. Enough to cut 8 good slices from it. And I'm quite certain I've had very tasty frozen pizzas from Target before, but this was among the worst. I love Mediterranean dishes, and I'm pretty adventurous when it comes to trying foreign foods and experiencing unusual flavors. But I've simply had too many good Mediterranean-type foods to completely fall in love with this one. It looks like an artisan pizza, and it certainly didn't smell bad coming out of the oven, it's just that it needs more kick, more taste, and a bit more flair if you will.

I'll be trying more of these pizzas in the days and weeks to come, so stay tuned. I know there are some good ones. If you've tried this pizza and you love it, please let me know in the comments below. I welcome dissenting opinions, and I have been wrong once or twice ;-)

I'll give it a 6 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search The Web

Custom Search