Search This Blog

Monday, December 3, 2012

Archer Farms Cinnamon Toast Popcorn Seasoning

I've always liked cinnamon toast. What's not to like? Sugar, cinnamon, butter, and toast. Yummy. I even liked the cereal (see below). So when I saw this sweet little delicacy on the discount rack at the local Target, I decided to try it.

It's not bad. It's good for popcorn, as you might expect, but it's also fine for sprinkling on toast. It's a bit rich in the butter department. Right after "sugar" on the ingredients list is "natural butter flavor." Not sure how something like butter can survive in an unrefrigerated, powdered form and still be considered "natural," but there it is. I trust my good friends at Target not to poison me.

This product could be extraordinarily versatile if not for the overabundance of butter flavor. If it were merely sugars and spices, I would be sprinkling it on everything from oatmeal to ice cream. But most people, I think, would agree with me, that you don't necessarily want to put butter on those items.

Sure, there's always the old fashioned way of doing things: put sugar and cinnamon on your toast separately, but I say that's more work and not as much fun. This is an inventive little bottle of magic, and I'd consider buying it again—if I find myself in a very buttery mood.

I give it 7 out of 10 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search The Web

Custom Search