Search This Blog

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Archer Farms Tex Mex Trail Mix

If it were up to my wife, this product would be getting at least 9 out of 10 stars. But unfortunately, she's not the one writing the blog. To her credit, however, she did design the lovely logo and backdrop for this page. Way to go, honey! You're a graphic design genius!

But I'm the foodie-hack blogger. And it's not that I hate this trail mix. I just don't think I'll ever pay something like $3.50 to eat this stuff again. It's just not worth it. Oh, and FYI, the bag usually does come a bit more full than the one in the picture to the left. My wife opened it and ate a good bit of it before we had a chance to take a picture of the product. I should also take this opportunity to mention how much I love the convenient resealable bags these trail mixes come in.

And I actually really like certain elements of this particular mix. The spicy peanuts, for example. They're delicious. I'd rather have a simple bag of those with none of the other distractions.

I think it's the "salsa corn sticks" and "sesame sticks" that really ruin this trail mix for me. They might as well just throw in some twigs from the neighbor's oak tree. They're very dry and they add little flavor to an already spicy mix. It's certainly not the heat I mind either. I like spices. But I usually like them best when they actually add flavor and not just heat. I like pumpkin seeds or "pepitas" ok too, but I don't really like to mix them with other nuts and things.

Since my dislike of this product may very well be due to some personal hang-ups and quirks, I won't score it too harshly. I just don't think I would ever crave this if I were actually hiking. I'd want more peanuts and almonds and fewer "sticks."

I give this product 6 out of 10 stars.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this trail mix. I buy 5 bags at a time. I think I'm addicted to it. I've never been a fan of "HOT" foods and I don't consider this really hot either. I think it's just YUMMY....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Cathi! It sounds like you agree with my wife. I'd be way more into this if it weren't for the stick pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything in contains, especially the stick pieces....would love a much spicier taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way what is the half moon stick piece?

    ReplyDelete

Search The Web

Custom Search