Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Archer Farms Roasted Tomato & Chipotle Salsa

Let me start off by saying that if you have a typical American's understanding of the word "chipotle," you'll no doubt be well-more impressed by this product than someone with a Mexican's understanding of the word "chipotle."

In Mexico, they actually eat chipotle chilis, which are really just smoke-dried jalapenos. But they wind up hotter than regular jalapenos, and there's way more flavor. There are definitely hotter chili peppers out there, but a true chipotle dip should never have anything other than a "hot" label on the jar—at least in the U.S.

And yet, here I am, reviewing one more salsa that barely qualifies for the "medium" label, although out of the salsas I've reviewed so far on this blog, this one is the hottest. Check out the Corn, Black Bean and Roasted Pepper Salsa and Mango Peach Salsa reviews.

But heat isn't all I'm after when I buy a salsa. I mainly just want "sabor!" ("Flavor," for you gringos). And while this sauce actually does taste a little like a chipotle pepper, with maybe a hint of roasted tomato, it just doesn't do it for me quite as much as those other two AF salsas that I've checked out. Compared to the first two varieties, this one just tastes cheap to me.

But that being said, if you're really a fan of the taste of chipotle peppers, but don't want something scorching hot, this might be something you'll want to check out.

I give this salsa 7 out of 10 stars.

1 comment:

Search The Web

Custom Search