Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Archer Farms Blueberry Granola with Flax Cereal

I love me some blueberries. Especially with milk or something creamy. Blueberry ice cream is one of the most underrated commodities in the universe. And blueberry cereals are some of the greatest accomplishments of mankind. Think Boo-berry. Or Special K with Blueberries.

But this $0.99 bag had about 4 or 5 blueberries total. And there are at least 10 in the picture on the bag. False advertising.

However, there was a sort of blueberry "dust" throughout the product, which made its overall lack of whole blueberries tolerable. I don't know, maybe there were lots more blueberries in the bag when it got shipped, but due to settling and shaking in transit, most of them got pulverized.

Either way, there was just enough blue stuff in the bag to make this cereal interesting and tasty. Let's face it: granola and flax isn't a very exciting breakfast treat. But add blueberries and the kids'll come running. (I don't have kids. The "kids" in this case are my wife and I. We're in our thirties.)

So far, none of the AF cereals I've tried stands head and shoulders above the others. Please take a look at my reviews of their Pecan Sticky Bun Granola and their Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti. None of the three have been terrible, but none of them have rocked my socks off, either.

This blueberry granola gets 7 out of 10 stars from me.



1 comment:

Search The Web

Custom Search