Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Archer Farms Monster Trail Mix Bars

As the name would suggest, these little bars are composed entirely of Archer Farms Monster Trail Mix ingredients, namely: peanuts, raisins, generic M&M's, chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips. I'm not sure what they use to "glue" it all together into a bar form, and I looked on the ingredients list to try'n figure it out, but an answer was not readily available there. It could be the corn syrup (not high-fructose corn syrup, thankfully) or one of the scary ingredients like "methyl-propyl parabens." Yikes! If you know exactly what that is, you've either done your homework or you're a food scientist.

But like a good sheep, I ingested the candy bar without knowing what some of its ingredients were, and it tasted good! Like, really good. Like, I might buy this again good.

Of course, they're very sticky, so you absolutely have to keep them inside the wrapper as you eat them. And they're pretty small, but they still pack 170 calories, 80 fat calories into a single bar. So you probably shouldn't eat more than one at a time, unless you're looking to pack on some pounds for some reason—like maybe you're an athlete or bodybuilder trying to bulk up, or maybe you're into the whole obesity thing for some reason. Some people might accuse me of the latter...in fact, my Wii Fit video game told me how fat I was the other day. It wounded my ego. But the truth hurts.

Ahem, I digress. There are five in a pack, and prices may vary from store to store, but a box is in the ballpark of $2.50. All in all, it's a decent snackability value.

I'll give this product 7 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search The Web

Custom Search